Sign in to follow this  
SeanW

Ok, I tried the Baby Rage Craw....

Went fishing today and did pretty good for the lake we were on. Not a winning weight, but a top 5 for sure, some day maybe a winner. ::) Anyway I had 2 swimbait fish in the boat in 20 minutes. Then the sun hit the water, and it was like someone hit a switch. It was blue bird post front conditions. Took a while, but nothing was working so I figured Id give the Rage Craw a go. To be honest I love the action, although I never got bit on it. Then again I didnt get bit on alot of my stand by stuff.

Quick thoughts, Ill use this bait more. The action is great, the profile is good. With prespawn right around the corner Ill be giving this more time. Well unless the Swim bait is being chewed! :D

Try it on Tex-rig, 2/0 EWG hook with an un-pegged 1/8 oz. weight. Killer!

Exactly. I sometimes go down to a 1/0 hook for more action.

Add it to a jig!  :D

Ever tried fishing that weightless with 2/0 hook? I caught few fishes that way, but not sure if it's a good way to fish the craw.

Add it to a jig! :D

Not a bad idea, however I had already fished the jig for a couple hours with no bites.

The Baby Craw works weightless, keel-weighted, weighted Tx rigged, as a jig trailer, on a drop shot (worked for me today on a drop shot), or a Carolina rig. It's also absolutely deadly on a swim jig! Keep with it, and it will catch you fish, for sure!

This is generally a very effective presentation.

8-)

The Rage Tail Craw was by far my most productive lure this past year. I've never tried the baby craws but I'm sure they are just as good. I texas rig it with a 2/0 EWG hook and an unpegged 1/4 bullet weight. I target the edges of weed beds and anywhere rocky with them. I have also found that they are more effective when you dont over work them.  Just keep fishing them and I am sure you will find success with them. Good luck.