LApanic

The Yum Flash Mob Jr. & The Bbb's Cane Thumper

I have a Yum Flash Mob Jr. and several packs of the 3.5" Alewife Cane Thumper.  Looking for recommendations on some good jig heads for this rig.  I usually use 1/8th oz on the top and 3/16-1/4 oz heads on the bottom, but looking for a good brand to pair with the shad color Alewife.  I've gotta a BPS gift card and need to order some!  thanks for the input!

Just another alternative if you have multiple rigs:

Outside arms:  LFT Live Magic Shad, weightless, rigged on #3/0 Gamakatsu Offset Worm Hook

Inside arm"  Johnson Silver Minnow

• Like 1

From BPS, the only one that I could find that wasn't white was the BPS Darter Jighead.  Works really well for me.

If you want to expand from BPS, I have found that the Revenge XL Headz or the Dirty Jigs pair really well and can match a shad color nicely.

I have a Yum Flash Mob Jr. and several packs of the 3.5" Alewife Cane Thumper.  Looking for recommendations on some good jig heads for this rig.  I usually use 1/8th oz on the top and 3/16-1/4 oz heads on the bottom, but looking for a good brand to pair with the shad color Alewife.  I've gotta a BPS gift card and need to order some!  thanks for the input!

buckeye jwill heads are what you want to use. If I had a bps gift card I would spend the money on them. 

I think the SK Squadron Heads would work well with the cane thumpers.

What size silver minnow?

Just another alternative if you have multiple rigs:

Outside arms: LFT Live Magic Shad, weightless, rigged on #3/0 Gamakatsu Offset Worm Hook

Inside arm" Johnson Silver Minnow

What size silver minnow?

That's a good question

2 1/2", 1/2 oz Silver or Gold

Went to BPS today with my gift card and picked up the road warrior special: Yum flashmob jr, LFT Live Magic Shad (on sale BTW),  #3/0 BPS Offset Worm Hook, and Johnson Silver Minnow. Can't wait to try it out. I've been thinking about the Alabama rig, but didn't want to buy a new rod and reel. This lightweight version will let me do it with my MH rod. Now I just need it to warm up enough to fish. Thanks!