Sign in to follow this  
tbone1993

Used Lew's Reel Psa

Be aware if you find any of these reels for really cheap on ebay or craigslist.  We had a 6 out of 15 reels "disappear" out of the damaged box while in UPS hands. The box was clearly ripped open and the rods that were also in the box were broken with only two 6 in rod tips left. The box could have been broken and the rods pulled out but that doesnt explain where 6 of the most expensive reels went. We will be in contact with lews tomorrow when they open to file a dispute with UPS. Not a rant against UPS just letting people know that we will be getting the serial numbers from lews and posting them so people know. UPS has damaged a good amount of our stuff before. Explains why dobyns ships all of their rods in pvc tubes. 

PS1 (bb1 pro 5:4)

TLP1HZL  (team lews pro)

PS1HZ(bb1 pro 6:4)

PS1HZ (bb1 pro 6:4)

SD1SH (superduty) 

BB1 (bb1) 

Edit- Lew's is aware of the problem and is shipping the reels out. A+ job on their end and that is why we do business with them. 

Lew's reels have series numbers? Where?

Lew's reels have series numbers? Where?

Pretty sure they have something on the box maybe not the reel themselves. 

If anyone knows of any reels that have serial numbers it would be a good idea to post. I have a database file tht lists all of my rods and reels here at the house, but if there are serial numbers also that should be noted.

I've never seen a serial number on them but maybe I havent looked close enough...there is a bar code on the box .

i believe abu-garcia puts serial numbers on the reel foot, not sure of lews though, but could be a place to check...

i believe abu-garcia puts serial numbers on the reel foot, not sure of lews though, but could be a place to check...

My abu does. I must have thought I saw it on my lews reel.