Sign in to follow this  
CentralFloridaBass

Lake Underhill

Though it's located in an urban setting, Underhill is a very good bass fishery (but I can do without the executive airport)

A fellow who once frequented this forum (Gobbledog) won a few tournaments on Underhill.

As I recall, he fished a T-rigged trick worm behind a 1/16 oz bullet sinker and barrel-swivel,

and worked in offshore hydrilla beds. You might also consider Conway Lake in south Orlando.

Roger

Anyone every fish Lake underhill? If so what did you throw or catch them on?

My buddy Jason's biggest bass came out of Underhill (EDIT: didn't mean to say Toho) it was 10lbs caught it on a shallow diving minnow. He said he has luck using crankbaits, worms, and flukes but it all depends on the conditions (water temp, wind speed, etc) that dictates what he is going to throw.

Underhill is a great bass lake. I used to live 15 minutes from there and fished it a lot. Always had good luck with plastic worms. My 5 lb. bass came on a gulp worm. Lots of good times there. On the air port side, fish worms right at the weed line and on the opposite side of the lake, fish the south west side near the cat tails. Good luck.

post-45564-0-97983400-1394920486_thumb.j

My buddy Jason's biggest bass came out of Toho it was 10lbs caught it on a shallow diving minnow. He said he has luck using crankbaits, worms, and flukes but it all depends on the conditions (water temp, wind speed, etc) that dictates what he is going to throw.

I suspect we know the same Jason as I have heard the same stories!

OP, he is also in a boat when fishing on Underhill and says bank fishing looks iffy. With that, he has said that under/between the bridges is good and he trolls cranks too.

Spinner baits can produce a five fish 20 lb bag on really windy days. Wild shiners can show some nice fish, a 9-5 couple weeks ago.as others have said, soft plastics, cranks and flippin the reeds.

CYA out there

Texas rig black ribbon tail.