Texas bassman

Braid With Fluorcarbon Leader Or Straight Fluorcarbon?

I use a light braid with an FC leader, has been great to fish with.

10 lb power pro super slick with 8-10 lb fluoro leader checking in. Most manageable setup I have found.

• Like 1

I have a spool of 15lb powerpro. Would that be fine? Im gonna be going with 4ft 8# fluorcarbon leader.

Use what you have, I say. Cheaper that way. 15# Power Pro is probably as high as I'd go with spinning. I use 10#. But that is my opinion. As for a leader, you can use anything. I keep a spool box with me that has from 6-15 lb test lines some XPS fluoro, some P-line Floroclear.

I have a spool of 15lb powerpro. Would that be fine? Im gonna be going with 4ft 8# fluorcarbon leader.

That's mint brother. I'd go a little longer on your leader though. You're going to have to cut back some from nicks so if you start out a little longer, it saves you from retying the leader so often.

I like braid with a leader around cover, like weds, lay downs and docks. If you get hung up, you can break off quietly, and keep fishing. In rocks and open water, all fluoro is simpler, and preferable.

18# Samurai and a 10# fluoro leader should do you we'll for a finesse rig. If you go all fluoro on a spinning reel make sure you go high quality and a lot of KVD L-L or you will become a Fluoro hater. Once you tame the fluoro beast you won't turn back. Took me a while

I'm in agreement with the other guys, braid with leader is the way to go with spinning gear. I fish a little heavier braid than most of the other guys in this thread, I always use 20# braid and then use one of three pound test leaders; 10, 15, & 20.  

I use 8lb straight fluoro on all my 2500 reels, 4lb straight fluoro on my 500/1000 reels. Don't care for braid, personally. Hate leaders even more.

Sounds good to me, but as others stated, might want to double your leader length. Just remember, keep your drag looser as there isn't much stretch.  All my drags are set light since they all have braid opposed to when I fished just mono.  

I run straight braid on my shaky head rig, and straight flouro on my drop shot rig.  I'm historically bad with leaders, although thanks to some practice with the Modified Albright, I'll probably try to be more diligent.