Bigbass37

Chickahomany River

Not sure how to spell it haha but looking for some insight on this place. Anything helps! thanks 

What part of the chick are you fishing i fish it in the glenallen/ hanover line and tear them up and also go down to chick lake down in newkent.

What part of the chick are you fishing i fish it in the glenallen/ hanover line and tear them up...

Where can you fish the Chick in this area? Isn't it just a tiny stream up there?

Yes Kobalt, it is a small river up that way that is a home to various snakes.

Please use a boat and be careful if you fish the upper Chick River.

As for the Chick River coming off the Historic James River, please get a GMCO map of the Chick River and use it as your guide as to where to fish. You can pick up at map at Bass Pro or Green Top off I-95. And you will need to map to find your way around the Chick River.

So many places - too little time on the Chick River.

Bring an assortment of baits as everything can work on the Chick River.

Try to put in at Rivers Rest in the middle of the river and head up to the dam as early as you can.  Fish the pads by the dam and just float down the river hitting all pads and wood you see.

After the sun comes up you have many places to try your luck.

Have a Virginia fishing license and if you are under 45-years old by July 1 and are a Virginia resident you need to have passed your Safe Boating course and have the certificate or card with you on the boat.

An east wind kills the fishing on the Chick River so if you have an east wind fish the lake or the Historic James River.

Have fun and be safe.

it further pass green top its off of old washington its on the glen allen hanover line there a water fall and a old barn there at the water fall it says no trustpassing but ive been fishing it for 3 years and the people dont care i take my kayak up that hill and put in at the top of the waterfall awesome fishing be careful big ass snakes theyll sneak up on you to. But awesome fishing huge bass in there.