Sign in to follow this  
dam0007

Jerkbait.. Rcs Are Pretty Good.

So today was opening day up here in CT. Hit up Candlewood with a friend. Awhile back had a discussion on here when I purchased the RC jerk baits. Gotta say I like them a lot however didn't catch a single bass. But managed 2, 2.5lb brown trout on them :) dinner was great lol. These stayed suspended nose slightly angled down with 10# invizx in water temps of 41-46. Actually between these my 1 Ito, 2 smith wicks and a rapala, the RCs were the only ones that stayed suspended the rest floated. Banged some rocks a couple times too, no paint chippage. Over all satisfied and by the hole in my thumb the hooks are good too out of the box. Lmaooo

A lot of people complained about the stock hooks/rings............I never had a problem with them, my problem was when it came time to replace them, I could NOT find ANY that would keep it suspending. Most made it sink, none made it float. I can deal with a floater....add a suspend dot or split ring etc.....but a sinker.................that's garbage to me.

• Like 2

Hows the fishing been in candlewood? And I had no idea it had trout

Hows the fishing been in candlewood? And I had no idea it had trout

yesterday was my first time out this year. Usually it's great for bass, just couldn't get em in the boat yesterday. Yeah I guess they stocked it with browns and rainbows

They're one of my favorite jerkbaits. French Pearl is a smallmouth killer around here. 

I wish they were consistant. I have 4 and they all do something different. 1 sinks head first, 1 sinks butt first, 1 suspends head down, 1 slow rises head down. Too inconsistent for me.

A lot of people complained about the stock hooks/rings............I never had a problem with them, my problem was when it came time to replace them, I could NOT find ANY that would keep it suspending. Most made it sink, none made it float. I can deal with a floater....add a suspend dot or split ring etc.....but a sinker.................that's garbage to me.

after reading on here...and TW about the shoddy hooks, i replaced them with Gammy as soon as i bought it.  as ww2 said, it sank.  so i took it back to BP and got another LC Pointer...