Sign in to follow this  
hb2392

Best Pitching Rod Under $150?

Any opinions on the best pitching rod under $150? 

Something 7'+ either MH or H, F or XF. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. Occasionally I will fish heavy cover, but not very often. Going to be paired with a Revo S 6:4 or Silver Max 6:4 for now. 

Kind of new to the jig world, want to buy some from TW. Any suggestions on jig brands? Trailers? 

Thanks. 

IRod 754 gensis2

HB, easy question - difficult to answer.

We all have our preferences.

As long as you stick to a brand name and the rod is "flipping and pitching" specific you will be OK.

Bring your reel with you to the tackle shop; put it on the rods you are considering; and see how they feel when you pitch and flip in the store.

Let us know what you purchase.

If youre looking for a versatile rod with some meat on it. I like the 7'2 H Denali Kovert. If you want a flipping stick bothe the denali jadewood 7'6 or the 7'8 kovert get the job done!

For most all pitching and flipping I tend to like a MH x-fast 7'2-7'6. I only bump to H action when I get in some thickness. If you're willing to increase your budget by $50, you can snag a Shimano Cumara in the sales sections of TW for $190something + shipping. These rods have become my favorite and they have a lifetime warranty. Super light. Super sensitive. Great. If you are firm at around $150, I can't recommend anything really --- but I will recommend --- STAY AWAY FROM THE DUCKETT MICRO MAGICS. The guides are entirely TOO micro. Can't get anything heavier than 30lb braid through em' very good. That rod was a waste of my dang money!!!

Powell endurance 775 for $150 with lifetime warranty.

• Like 1