Sign in to follow this  
MI Gordon

Detailed Fishing Journal...

There seems to be the usual amount of tackle/bait monkey posts, and all of a sudden I'm wondering if anybody has ever compiled any data on what baits actually were 1)used   2)caught fish  3)what percentage of the baits you carry actually caught fish in any given year  4)how many folks actively use their data to get rid of baits that are not producing, or even being used????  I'm thinking that I've probably used 80% of what I carry, and have caught fish on 20%.....just guessing because I don't keep track of baits, just locations, waypoint #s, conditions, etc

I kept detailed journals for years and found them very helpful, but I'm now in the "my way" stage and am usually trying some hare-brained lure or modified something or other which guarantees failure quite often - I feel no need to record my efforts.

http://www.bassresource.com/fish/fishing_log.html

We have several members that have recorded every trip for decades. I think Catt may have records going

back into the 70's. RoLo I think is another with detailed records.

45 years of detailed record keep ;)

If it don't catch it aint in my tackle box!

How long do you give em?

Example: Rage Tail products

I recieved Rage Tail Lobsters in late spring/ early summer, I threw them that entire summer. if they didn't produce at the same rate or above what I was presently using I don't keep it.