Sign in to follow this  
*Hank

Heddon Crazy Crawler?

Hey guys can't afford a pompadour so I looked for a bait similar to it that wouldn't break the bank,have any of you used this lure? How does it preform?

Performs good, it was around way longer than the pompadour.

I haven't really used one all that much, but it's been around forever. Any bait that has been on the market that long can't be bad. 

I was hesitant to shell out the $23 for a Pompadour, but I'm really glad I did. I love this bait. Now I want to buy 3 more colors. 

Its a good bait. For me it has a very specific situation when it is best: a bug bite. If there is a swarm of bugs on the water my little crazy crawler is deadly. It looks like a bumble bee bumbling on the surface. 

When I was growing up and in high school my older brother was a huge fan of night bass fishing and he loved to throw large Crazy crawlers and he would not get as many strikes as I would get throwing a smaller torpedo, Rebel pop'r, or black worm, but the fish that would hit, would usually be quality....I have never tried it myself for more than a few casts and then I get impatient as it is a lure you work slow, and I hate fishing slow with topwaters as I only pause or slow down near an area I am expecting a blow up so that time is never slow when your expecting to see a blow up....

'

For $23 you can buy 3-4 crazy crawlers but I see it as a lure you buy and then rarely use, at least that is my exerience. It makes ALOT of commotion, I know bass eat baby birds, but let's face it, how often and what size bass?

I know bass eat baby birds, but let's face it, how often and what size bass?

^^^ That's the answer right there ;)

The Heddon Crazy Crawler dates back into the 1930's, it's been around a long time and comes in several sizes. The Pompadour is heavier and splashes faster more like a buzz bait, in fact it's my go buzzer now, more versatile stop and go and it floats.

Tom

The Heddon Crazy Crawler dates back into the 1930's, it's been around a long time and comes in several sizes. The Pompadour is heavier and splashes faster more like a buzz bait, in fact it's my go buzzer now, more versatile stop and go and it floats.

Tom

If you do a little poking around you can get a pompadour jr..weighs 1/2 oz compared to the

3/4 the regular weighs.