Sign in to follow this  
JThoms38

Pitchin Rod

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a new rod for flipping shallow structure,docks,and swim rafts and ladders. In your opinion or knowledge will a rod with micro guides decrease the distance of my pitch or make my pitch distance and accuracy less effective? Didn't know where else to look so hoping someone has an opinion. Tight lines and hope all is well with everyone!

-Jonah

Have both micro's and regular rods.  The only downfall of micros is if you are wanting to use topshot's of mono or FC with braid.  Have to make sure the splice is small and tight or it catches. As far as distance and accuracy, I can honestly throw a frog farther on a micro rod then regular guided rod due to less line slap. I have used/use both for pitching and didn't see a big difference in pitching baits.  My accuracy is good with both so I can't really say if it is or isn't  on that.

• Like 1

Have both micro's and regular rods.  The only downfall of micros is if you are wanting to use topshot's of mono or FC with braid.  Have to make sure the splice is small and tight or it catches. As far as distance and accuracy, I can honestly throw a frog farther on a micro rod then regular guided rod due to less line slap. I have used/use both for pitching and didn't see a big difference in pitching baits.  My accuracy is good with both so I can't really say if it is or isn't  on that.

thanks a lot man! Appreciate the feedback

Agreed

Yea micros are beat if you use braid and want to tie a leader. The only difference I notice with the micro guides is that they annoy me. Some I can't even get a bobber stop through if I want to take the reel off or change a spool cause its to big.

• Like 1

Theoretically you should be able to pitch farther and more accurately with a micro guide rod due to the fact that the tip is lighter without the full sized guides. In reality, I don't think it is going to make much difference.

Accuracy= increased. This is due to less line slap. Distance= decreased due to the increase in line creating friction with the guides. Just my 2 cents

• Like 1

I have a 7'0" MH Veritas Micro Guide as my pitchin' rod and love it.

• Like 1

I have a 7'0" MH Veritas Micro Guide as my pitchin' rod and love it.

Ditto

• Like 1