Sign in to follow this  
ChrisWi

Just Ordered My First Powell Rods!

Ordered myself a Max 3D 723 for finesse jigs and swim jigs

Also ordered an Inferno 703 for Texas rigs and picking apart shoreline, was going to get two Max 3D's but wanted to see the difference in the two.

I have no hands on experience with the new max 3d series but they're supposed to be built on a better blank than the endurance. If this is true then you can't go wrong. They took all the models from the previous max and endurance series and offer them in the 3d series. The 723 endurance was one of my favorite rods. I used it so often that I have two of them. They were great do it all rods.

• Like 1

I have no hands on experience with the new max 3d series but they're supposed to be built on a better blank than the endurance. If this is true then you can't go wrong. They took all the models from the previous max and endurance series and offer them in the 3d series. The 723 endurance was one of my favorite rods. I used it so often that I have two of them. They were great do it all rods.

I was gonna pull the trigger on an indurance but wanted an open reel seat.

I've spoken with Keith a few times about this new series and he's assured me that they're better than the endurance. You'll love the new 723.

I've spoken with Keith a few times about this new series and he's assured me that they're better than the endurance. You'll love the new 723.

lets hope! First time trying Powell, don't think I'll be disappointed!
  • Like 1

The first of many...

for better or worse. Haha

for better or worse. Haha

Picked up my first Powell this summer, Endurance 714.  Love it- interested to hear how you like the max 3d.... will probably add another this summer..

Was out today for the second time with my first Powell rod........................a used Endurance 723.  Have a used Curado 201E that was purchased this year on it with 12# Sufix Neon Tangerine.  This is starting to look like a permanent pair.  :teeth:  I don't believe I have read anything about the new blanks.

Cool my buddy has one its a decent rod for the price...

Well, just openeded them up and threw some reels on them and all I can say is wow. These rods are beyond light. The graphics of the inferno are pretty sweet looking too, the Max 3D is also sweet, doesn't look as cool as the inferno. But it should perform better. Both rods are built perfectly, no sign of bad epoxy or crooked guides. Now I need some more money so I can get an inferno spinning rod!

I hope you enjoy your new rods. Ive.had the Endurance 723s for a couple years now and have used them for pretty much everything. I hope the new.powells work out for you.

I hope you enjoy your new rods. Ive.had the Endurance 723s for a couple years now and have used them for pretty much everything. I hope the new.powells work out for you.

I think they will, my 723 feels a little soft but it should be fine!