Matteo6317

St Croix Mojo Glass Crankbait Rod 7'4" M Vs 7'8" Mh

Looking at buying a dedicated crankbait rod for medium diving cranks (dt 10 and strike king series 5) and want to know your thoughts on which of these rods would be the better fit.

Also, I'm looking at using a lews bb1 pro, lews tp, or lews tournament lite to match rod... Recommendations would be appreciated.

BB1 is great, I'll caution you that the only difference with the pro is the external dial, so if you use a lot of different sized baits, you'd want the pro. 

I have the 7'4" M "Crankster" and I wish I had the MH. The rod is a bit heavy, and it handles fish well. My one problem is it loads too much when reeling in a DT-6 and the rod goes crazy when bumping a squarebill. I'd think the MH would solve some of those problems.

As far as the length, if you are on a boat, go for the longer one. If you are a CQB guy then the 7' will be more wieldy.

That's my $.02 

A lot depends on you, if you never used a glass rod you may want to try one first, they are generally heavier than graphite rods by a lot. If you are going to run square bills at all then the MH is what you will need.

I use the MH big crankster . Great diving bait rod for deep little N's .

5 and 6 xd's DD22's etc...as was said it's no lightweight but it handles fish great. I personally would never consider it a squarebill rod .

I mainly fish open water and throw dt 6 and 10 more than anything else. I've always thrown crankbaits with a 7' 1" medium fast action *** black rod with a bb1 pro and I feel like casting distance is my biggest problem. If I got a medium heavy moderate action rod, would I gain any distance vs the medium fast action?

Robert Riley, sounds like you're saying the 7'4" Mojo Crankster would not be the best for dt 10 and occasionally a dt 16?

If you are fishing open water with dt6-10s, you should get the 7'8" MH. You'll definitely get more distance with the moderate/slow glass rods. 

That *** would make a fine squarebill rod. 

The MH would be a better choice for throwing the DT14, DT16 and DT20 but both rods should be able to handle the DT10 just fine.  If the DT10 is as big as you go and you're regularly throwing DT4 and DT6s, then the M power is better suited.  If the DT10 is on the shallow side of what you are or are planning to throw, then the MH is the rod for you. 

Looking at buying a dedicated crankbait rod for medium diving cranks (dt 10 and strike king series 5) and want to know your thoughts on which of these rods would be the better fit.

Also, I'm looking at using a lews bb1 pro, lews tp, or lews tournament lite to match rod... Recommendations would be appreciated.

I can get you a custom glass crankin rod built at around the exact same price as the Mojo crankers, maybe $20 more. These custom glass blanks are way better than anything you can get in a production rod. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.