mstrotter

Best Way To Sell Bass Boat Online

Wondering the best method to sell my bass boat online....I've tried Craigslist and Facebook, anyone have any other ideas?

I've had good luck with craiglist or the local free ad papers. Some people sell them on Ebay, just make sure to set a minimum bid. Sites like boattrader get searched a lot, that's the main place I've been looking for one at anyways :)

It depends on what you have. Your best bet is probably craigslist. Boat trader is good but it can get buried easily due to all the dealer ads. Also depending on where you're located lake-link.com is another decent one.

I've had good luck with craiglist or the local free ad papers. Some people sell them on Ebay, just make sure to set a minimum bid. Sites like boattrader get searched a lot, that's the main place I've been looking for one at anyways :)

Craigslist for sure!

Quick tip

Put time in the photos and description. Be detailed.

I can't tell you how many boats ads I've seen with just a side view pic. By far my favorite pic of a boat is the one you get standing on the rail of the bed of a truck. You get all of the inside including deck and compartments.

• Like 1

Just understand, your first couple of responces might come pretty quick, they will probably be one of several popularl scams. Usually starting of as being from out of state or merchant marine and wanting to do some kind of swapping of monies that has you refunding them or sending you a certified/cashiers check along with some picking up the the boat, just to find out after the boat and possibly your money is gone, everything was fake.

put it in craigslist, make sure to renew it as much as possible , and do yourself a favor and answer every question they may have with the ad itself.  pictures , lots of them is key.  also its key to have the phrase "bass boat" somewhere in your title

Craigslist for sure!

Quick tip

Put time in the photos and description. Be detailed.

I can't tell you how many boats ads I've seen with just a side view pic. By far my favorite pic of a boat is the one you get standing on the rail of the bed of a truck. You get all of the inside including deck and compartments.

this^^^ if you have good pix and it's not selling you could be over pricing it and might want to lower ur expectations

I bought my first boat from Craigslist and that is where I to for my 2nd boat. But also looked at boat trader.

I ended up buying from a dealer I found on boat trader.com.........he bought my used boat so I didn't have to go through the hassle of selling my boat. BTW there are a few places, with one local to me that buy used boats for their used inventory. The downside is he has to make money when he sells my old boat......I understood that and felt I was given a very fair price for my old boat. And considering I don't have to run to the lake to show it to anyone.....or risk them damaging/breaking anything........I was extremely happy to be able to just walk away with an extremely fair price.

Thanks all.  I have a 2013 Nitro Z6, wanting something bigger.  Think Im going to let the Phoenix dealer try to sell it for me and see how that goes......