Grits

Places To Fish Near Ocala, Fl?

Hi everyone my friend's papaw lives near Ocala, Florida and we might be able to take his jon boat and go fishing, any recommendations on where to go?  We won't have a motor, just a trolling motor if it still works :(

Kissimmee chain of lakes is right in your neck of the woods. These are big water, bait if their are some no wake zones they could be productive.

Yeah I'm fishing that the weekend before, guess I was looking for a super duper local place right near Ocala, may have to go back East a lil ways if they are up for that.

• Like 1

Head east on SR 40.After you cross over 19 there is Wildcat Lake on your right. Costs 4.50 to launch. It is catch and release, but lots of bass in it.

X2 on wildcat lake or any of the small lakes or big ponds in the national forest out there on 40. Look for 'em on Google maps or do a search for "bass fishing Ocala national forest." Should be alot of fun,that's a nice part of Florida.

I live in Lake Wales, FL, but if I were in Ocala, FL, I'd make a beeline for Rodman Reservoir.

The Eureka Dam is slated to be demolished, reverting the fabled reservoir back to the Ocklawaha River.

By the way, the lake record is 17-4 bass.

Roger

• Like 1

I also recommend the lakes in Ocala National Forest for an electric motor --  Head east of Ocala out SR40 and try Half Moon Lake, secluded large lake with free launch. It's also famous for some lunkers. Lake Bryant has a free launch and is famous for numbers and lunkers. Mill Dam Lake is a free launch and has small bass but launching could be a problem for a 2-wheel drive and a trailer if the water level is down. Wildcat, as mentioned, is a pay ramp, further out from Ocala, but a beautiful lake with nice bass, and as mentioned a catch & release. Rodman can be a problem for only an electric motor if the wind is up and the current is flowing through the dam. I would stay off it with only an electric trolling motor. Like suggested, do a Google search and Google satellite view.