Hey guys I have been looking at picking up a new graphite cranking rod and had the St. Croix Premier 7'0'' MHM in mind for shallow to medium diving cranks.  I've read some reviews here and there but there's not a lot of insight as to the rod's performance.  I have heard that the MM is a little too light for some of the heavier baits, so I felt the MH would best fit my needs.  Can anyone provide me with some insight or previous experiences with this series of rods??  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, 

Dante

I own the Premier 7' M-M and I can definitely say it definitely seems like its on the lighter side of a medium power. Good rod none the less, but I would probably recommend the MH.

I own the Premier 7' M-M and I can definitely say it definitely seems like its on the lighter side of a medium power. Good rod none the less, but I would probably recommend the MH.

I own the same rod and whould say the same thing MH is more versatile

I have the 7' MHM. Very versatile and handles shallow to medium cranks very well. Can also do some deep cranking, in a pinch, though that's not a strength.

X2 on all 3 answers

Thanks for the insight guys.  I went ahead and ordered the 70MHM.  Pretty sure I won't be disappointed.  I really wanted to go for the avid but I just can't justify spending 200 on a cranking rod.  Rather save money for lures as well.  

I think you made a good choice. I've thrown square bills on the Premier MHM and it handled great.

I was also a fan of the MHM Premier cranking rod before my buddy broke it for me. 

Do you have to have a graphite cranking rod or can it be glass? I just noticed that Tackle Warehouse has the Lucky Craft, yes, Lucky Craft glass cranking rods for $99.00!!! These rods got a best value and editors choice award on Tackle Tour because they were supposed to be $350 but then ended up being $150 and now they are $99.00 simply because they are glass and not many know about them. I have a glass rod that covers the heavier end of the spectrum but I keep looking and if it wasn't for the fact of needing other stuff, I'd be pulling the trigger on one.

I the first cranking rod I purchased was a glass rod and I felt that it was extremely heavy.  The lake I fish is loaded with shad, bluegill, and perch so throughout the summer months I throw crankbaits about 80 percent of the time.  8 hours of cranking with my glass rod was such a chore, which is why I opted for the graphite rod.  Plus St. Croix has an excellent warranty.  Even though the premier only has the 5 year limited, I'm sure I'll probably purchase an avid or legend tournament within that time frame.  If I had the money to afford one, and I desired a glass rod, I'd probably go with the Dobyn's champion glass cranking rod...