FunkJishing

Lews American Hero Rods...

Are lews american hero rods any good? I'm looking to pair it with a speed spool reel.

american hero speed stick to be exact.

I was just looking at those last night and wondering the same thing. Reviews that I found seem positive, but I'd love hear here from someone here.

I don't have one, but have heard good things about them. I love the fact that Lew's supports our troops with something like this, wish more companies did the same!

I don't have one, but have heard good things about them. I love the fact that Lew's supports our troops with something like this, wish more companies did the same!

*** should do that with their Combat frog. That would be cool.

• Like 1

I was at a small tackleshop looking at the rods and these are some of the ones they carry.  The 7'6" Heavy rod has a guide really close to the handle, makes it look like it wouldnt be good for flipping, but I am thinking its more for big Swimbaits.  That rod is a bit heavy, but since its made for baits up to 6 oz I can understand the reasoning.  I am thinking about getting one if I decide to get one of the Spro BRZ Rats.

I've wanted to get one for a while.

I have a Laser combo which has an IM6 rod similare to the hero. Rod seems fairly good. No hook keeper though or I havent found it yet at least lol.

The American hero looks to be exactly the same only a different name and has a hook keeper as well.

My buddy has one, pretty light, balances great with a Lews SsiH, not the most sensitive, but for an IM6 blank it's not too shabby.