bbodkin

Where To Buy Trolling Motor Cord Clasps

Hey guys. So I'm not sure what they are called. The only thing I know to call them are clasps that hook onto the battery from the trolling motors cord end. Well I bought a boat and it came with a trolling motor but no "clasps" on the end of the cord, just frayed wire. Anyone know where I can find them? Really need help. Thanks.

Are you talking about the wire where it's actually connects to the battery? If that's the case, a lot of automotive supply stores will have all kinds of connections whether you're wanting to connect them to the post or threaded post.

If you are just talking about connecting the trolling motor's wires to your battery, I would just suggest making some little clips. Just make about two inch copper crimps out of 1/2 or 3/4 inch pipe. Then crush the crimps on the wires with something like a vice grips, making sure to only to put the wires into the crimps about half way. Then it's just a matter of drilling a hole the size of your post's through the end of the crimp without the wire in it and voila. I have done this in the past with my fish finder and a trolling motor and it worked, but that was just a couple of years ago; hence I don't know how long it would take for it to corrode (worst than tin disputably), but I think they would still last fine.

If you have nuts on your post you can just stick the wire under them and tighten.  Maybe not the best option but it is quick and easy.

Thanks guys for all of the repsonses! I ended up walking into radio shack and found a pair of battery clips for jumper cables except they are miniature sized. They fit on the cables perfectly.