Sign in to follow this  
plasma800

It's 2015 - What Batteries Are You Using?

So I'm at the point of replacing my batteries.

I've been doing some research into batteries, and have some mixed opinions - but a lot of posts I'm reading are old.   I know technology has come a little way since then.

So, if you needed 4 batteries for your bass boat today.... you had a 36v trolling motor, and a Merc opti 200 proxs...  what batteries would YOU buy?

I bought my 3 blue tops in May 2005 when my boat was delivered. They're still in there. I think I'd do it again!

• Like 1

34M and D34M. The small ones.

I run Deka batteries but there are several good brands. A lot of people on here like the wally world batteries....

I run 2x group 31 Everstart MAXX from walmart for my trolling motor and a group 31 AGM Blue top for my cranking/electronics.

If I had to buy 4 brand new and money wasn't a concern, I'd get 4 Sears DieHard Platnium Marine 31's. I would probably have at least 1 if we had a sear's closer than an hour and a half away. Ours closed =(

The biggest thing, for me, when buying a battery was local availability and a place that keeps a decent up to date inventory on them. If a battery goes bad, it's nothing to stop by and get a replacement.