Sign in to follow this  
rchiuz

Booyah Vs Xcalibur Comparison Anyone?

Hi all,

Since XCalibur has changed to Booyah, has anyone gotten a hold of the Booyah lipless cranks to compare if there is a difference? I hope the quality stays the same but haven't seen the new ones to compare.

Thanks in advance!

If there is a difference hopefully it's just the eyes are glued in better.

Have they started shipping them out to stores yet? I would love for tacklereview to cut both of them in half and compare the guts.

From my understanding they were changing the name and package but nothing more. Doesn't matter to me for awhile, I've got 2 dozen of them in my favorite colors hanging in the garage and a couple dozen more that were already in rotation in my boat :)

I sent 3 emails hoping I'd get at least one answer, I sent one to Booyah, and 2 to Pradco and I got 2 responses. Both were basically the same, I asked if there was going to be any difference in the Zell pop or the lipless cranks including the one knockers and rattle baits and both said the construction of the baits will not change, only the brand will so the baits will be the same as always. I have a good supply of one knockers so I'm not worried and at the rate I lose them I figure I got at least 2 maybe 3 years before I even think of having to buy anymore.

The colors are very different at least on booyahs website. The chrome blue has no orange, they have some new colors in like gold/brown/red/purple hues and watermelon craw color. I am disappointed they lost the real gill colors, pumpkin seed and long ear were my go to. With that said some of the new colors do look interesting. 

Yes..i loved the pumpkin seed cause they looked alot like the threadfin shad here...my go to lipless