Jump to content
WRB

Major Craft Iovino Finesse Rod

Recommended Posts

Don Iovino has a new multi purpose finesse rod design for drop shot, split shot, etc. The is made by Major Craft, 6'10" medium, Xfast action, both spinning and casting, check it out at TW, $120 price point.

The rod maker is new to me, it is well made.

Tom

PS, hope this doesn't violate site rules!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw those on TW looks like a nice rod. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think major craft is originally a jdm brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, major craft is a jdm rod company and they have recently come over to the usa. I have fished several of their rods and have been very happy with them. This past weekend they just started selling some of their higher end rods in the states. They now have the corzza, speedstyle and ms-x rods here. I'm trying to get one of the ms-x rods right now. I have also heard that don iovino will be releasing a video with his new rod series soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, major craft is a jdm rod company and they have recently come over to the usa. I have fished several of their rods and have been very happy with them. This past weekend they just started selling some of their higher end rods in the states. They now have the corzza, speedstyle and ms-x rods here. I'm trying to get one of the ms-x rods right now. I have also heard that don iovino will be releasing a video with his new rod series soon.

Where are they selling the msx, speedstyle and corzza at here in the states?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Major Craft Volkey BFS rod (JDM) and it is truly impressive.  It won't be my last one....

 

I'm guessing we'll be seeing more of their rod line becoming available in our market.

 

Tight lines,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as availability goes it's kinda tough. Major Craft was selling these other models at a fishing show in southern California. I do have ordering information for the other models. If you have any specific information/questions just send me a pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as availability goes it's kinda tough. Major Craft was selling these other models at a fishing show in southern California. I do have ordering information for the other models. If you have any specific information/questions just send me a pm.

I thought you meant they are selling through online retailers. I can order them straight from japan so no worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2015 at 1:20 PM, WRB said:

Don Iovino has a new multi purpose finesse rod design for drop shot, split shot, etc. The is made by Major Craft, 6'10" medium, Xfast action, both spinning and casting, check it out at TW, $120 price point.

The rod maker is new to me, it is well made.

Tom

PS, hope this doesn't violate site rules!

 

What do you think of this rod to throw Finesse 3.8" keitechs with a 1/8oz weight. Paired with a 16 scorpion 71 and light flouro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quarry Man said:

 

What do you think of this rod to throw Finesse 3.8" keitechs with a 1/8oz weight. Paired with a 16 scorpion 71 and light flouro

Should be good. I have 2 of the spinning rods and they are very similar to Don's doodle rods fast tip making it ideally suited for finesse presentations. Haven't fished with the casting rod, it feels the same or very similar. I fish a lot of 3/32 to 1/4 oz presentations using this rod. Fuji guides and good workmanship, nice rods.

I plan to buy the new Splash-It rod for small cranks and top water to 5/8 oz use this Oct.

Tom

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WRB said:

Should be good. I have 2 of the spinning rods and they are very similar to Don's doodle rods fast tip making it ideally suited for finesse presentations. Haven't fished with the casting rod, it feels the same or very similar. I fish a lot of 3/32 to 1/4 oz presentations using this rod. Fuji guides and good workmanship, nice rods.

I plan to buy the new Splash-It rod for small cranks and top water to 5/8 oz use this Oct.

Tom

 

 

 

Thanks! How would you rate the sensitivity of your rod? I was thinking of using it for drop shots and other finesse casting stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

 

Thanks! How would you rate the sensitivity of your rod? I was thinking of using it for drop shots and other finesse casting stuff.

Very good.

Tom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×