Sign in to follow this  
bass raider

Dobyns Champion Or Megabass Levante

Alright guys I decided to wait and not go "off brand".I have decided to try either a dobyns champion 704 or a megabass levante tour versatile. Anybody have any experience with both rods? I can get either one for $200 so price isn't a factor. Gonna use it as a general purpose rod.

levante hasn't really been out long enough to get a solid opinion on it. 

Given my recent warranty service experience with Dobyns along with the quality of their rods, I would say Champion. Believe I'm buying another on Black Friday myself.

• Like 1

levante hasn't really been out long enough to get a solid opinion on it. 

This. Most of the opinions you get will be based of of brand loyalty, not experience. 

I use my XX TV in a lot of situations. The edge I feel my 734 (never thrown a 704) had when I owned it was my comfort level throwing squarebills with it as well. I only say that because my FSS has taken over responsibility in that department so I've never tried with my TV. I can only imagine the Levante will be just as versatile, but like others have said, the jury is still out on them because they're a brand new line.

I own 4 megabass rods, nothing compares.  call up the owner of tackletrap.com he sells both rods, and is the best rod consultant out there, ask him your question.  i am no way affliated with tackletrap

If it's going to be all purpose I'd get the 704. It's the most versatile rod that I own.

I've used a Savvy 704 and it's a great rod, so the champion must be even better! Ive used a D735 plenty of times, and that's a phenomenal rod. So the champion MUST be pretty nice.