cgolf

Ned Rig Zinkerz Vs Trd - Very Interesting Article

Here is the link

http://www.in-fisherman.com/bass/z-mans-finesse-t-r-d-and-2-12-inch-zinkerz-an-update/

Reading it, I am now questioning if I purchase any of the TRDs. I mostly use the ned rig for river smallies, so i may stick with the Zinkerz and enjoy the bonus of 12 baits vs 8.

I am going to pick up a bag of the split tail trailers and give them a whirl if the weather cooperates.

• Like 1

I definitely prefer the ZinkerZ...  because I'm cheap!  They do seem a bit more limber, though.  Interesting article; thanks!

Tight lines,

Bob

Very interesting indeed, I've only used the TRDs and have certainly been successful. But I may give the ZinkerZ a try.

Matt

I tried both and really perfer the TRD, you have to really work with the Zinker Z to get it to float, I soak and stretch them and sometimes it is really too much trouble when the TRD works great. Really I don't think bass really care which one you use. If they get that picky, I need to take up golf. Wait a minute, I do play golf. :dazed-7: Great article though.

• Like 1

I tried both and really perfer the TRD, you have to really work with the Zinker Z to get it to float, I soak and stretch them and sometimes it is really too much trouble when the TRD works great. Really I don't think bass really care which one you use. If they get that picky, I need to take up golf. Wait a minute, I do play golf. :dazed-7: Great article though.

The golf reference cracked me up, I too chase and sometimes swear at a golf ball.

I will give the TRD a shot next year, but man I did good this summer with the Zinkerz on the river including my PB Smallie. The only bonus for me with the TRD would be that if if truly floats better it may not snag as much, but if it floats too well I will lose the bottom contact needed to trigger the fish. Time will tell.

While I currently have both the TRD and ZinkerZ (cut in half) - when my current supply of TRD are gone I will probably just simplify and use the ZinkerZ's .