Sign in to follow this  
heyitskirby

Connecting Hose To Live Well Aerator?

I was wondering if anyone has tried this or has a suggestion...

I have a center console with two live wells, one I use for bait, the other I don't use (I don't tournament fish, no need for culling).  The boat does not have a raw water washdown and I wanted to try and see if there is a way to connect a hose to one of the aerators.  If so, will the aerator even generate enough pressure?

If anyone has thoughts or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.  

I would bet you could pick up some brass fittings at home depot that would work

Tried this with my rear livewell to add a sprayer to cool off the dogs on hot days. There are no fittings available at Tru Value, Ace, Home Depot or Lowe's that will thread on the fitting in the livewell.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this or has a suggestion...

I have a center console with two live wells, one I use for bait, the other I don't use (I don't tournament fish, no need for culling).  The boat does not have a raw water washdown and I wanted to try and see if there is a way to connect a hose to one of the aerators.  If so, will the aerator even generate enough pressure?

If anyone has thoughts or can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.  

If you're trying to connect it right to the aerator there shouldn't be an issue. Cut the end off a garden hose and slide it over the barbed fitting on the pump and use a stainless steel hose clamp to ensure it doesn't leak.

You can always up the size of the pump unit you don't use to one that puts out more gpm and attach your hose straight to the pump with a barb fitting (pvc or brass).  If you want to run a seperate washdown hose and still be able to use the live well, then add a barbed tee, and attach your washdown hose to the tee and you can add a small ball valve to issolate the water and keep it from going into the unused live well.