A fisher

H20 mettle vs pro qualifier

I have both. Got some Mettles 2 years ago on sale for 29.99 when they were discontinuing the old model. They are both good work horses but I like the Mettles a little better than the PQs. I also bought the PQs on sale during the BPS Spring Fishing sale. The Mettles for about $40 less have been doing well with a little cleaning during the year. No backlashes but they only come in a 6.3:1 gear ratio. 

So after all that, I'd say the Mettles are a better value.

Last year I got a couple of PQs during the spring sale for $50 a piece. They've been good reals so far and I don't have any complaints about them. If you can wait until the sale at BPS, they may have the same deal again.

I like my Mettles way better than I like my PQ but there is nothing wrong with the PQs, just my personal preference that I like the Mettles better. 

10 hours ago, The Fisher said:

I have both. Got some Mettles 2 years ago on sale for 29.99 when they were discontinuing the old model. They are both good work horses but I like the Mettles a little better than the PQs. I also bought the PQs on sale during the BPS Spring Fishing sale. The Mettles for about $40 less have been doing well with a little cleaning during the year. No backlashes but they only come in a 6.3:1 gear ratio. 

So after all that, I'd say the Mettles are a better value.

I also got the Mettle on sale for 29.99 at that time. Great deal. It truly has been a workhorse. It was my first baitcaster. And it is more dependable in my opinion than some more expensive ones that I've bought since then.

I can't give an opinion on the PQ, as I've never owned one