Sign in to follow this  
robster80

daiwa tatula tactical?

IT has an 8:1 gear ratio and a 100mm handle. Aside from that, no, you will see little if any performance difference /w any Tatula. 

• Like 1

I like the extra handle length.  I don't like the absence of at least a tiny Daiwa emblem (something to say it's not just a random black reel).  The only other thing, which I've only heard but haven't confirmed:  the matte black finish might be prone to showing smudges/lint (kinda like a rubberized cell phone case, I guess)...  Nice looking setup, though -- I'd likely buy it over the regular Tatula if it would actually ever be in stock prior to March.  Then again, the new Fuego line, which offers the same Tat guts but better (IMO) aesthetics, would be tough to pass for a few dollars cheaper (unless one needed the TWS)...

42 minutes ago, greywalls said:

I like the extra handle length.  I don't like the absence of at least a tiny Daiwa emblem (something to say it's not just a random black reel).  The only other thing, which I've only heard but haven't confirmed:  the matte black finish might be prone to showing smudges/lint (kinda like a rubberized cell phone case, I guess)...  Nice looking setup, though -- I'd likely buy it over the regular Tatula if it would actually ever be in stock prior to March.  Then again, the new Fuego line, which offers the same Tat guts but better (IMO) aesthetics, would be tough to pass for a few dollars cheaper (unless one needed the TWS)...

i was gonna mention the Fuego as well.  may end up giving that one a try if i dont get another standard tatula

Do you need anything to tell you its worth the price over a regular tatula?

it's more like a $200 Type-R in Matte Black for $134 on sale. I bought 2 and went to buy 2 more when it said they were out of Stock :(