IndianaFinesse

Tubez and Danielson jig heads

Has anybody tried the Danielson tube jigheads or the z-man Tubez?  The jigs are dirt cheap, but are the hooks junk or to small?  And I think the tubes would work great because of the tentacles standing off the bottom.

To be fair I never tried the Danielson tube heads but I have used some of their other products and was never really impressed with it. They are dirt cheap for a reason 

• Like 1

Looks like a bronze hook, and for that reason alone, I'm out. 

• Like 1

Danielson generally makes low-end products with low-end prices.

Like bluebasser mentioned, the relatively dull bronze hooks would be a deal breaker for me unless I was fishing an extremely snaggy area (like a rocky river) that will likely claim quite a few jigs. In that case, I would just sharpen the hooks with a file.

• Like 1

I bought a pack of the Tubez to try out and rigged them with Gopher's "Big John's Mushroom Head Jig" in 1/16oz with a 2/0 hook.  It fits snugly inside the tube and puts the hook a little past halfway back on the plastic. 

However, I am not super impressed with the lures themselves.  The tentacles don't seem to have much life and seemed to stick together an awful lot.  I still need to give them a serious try, but will hold off ordering any more until this pack proves it's self.  I really wanted to like them, as a durable yet soft tube of that size has been hard to find. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 2:57 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

Looks like a bronze hook, and for that reason alone, I'm out. 

Have you tried the Tubez, and if you don't care for it, what other tube would you suggest?  I like the bitsy tubes, but I am trying some others to see what is best.

4 minutes ago, IndianaFinesse said:

Have you tried the Tubez, and if you don't care for it, what other tube would you suggest?  I like the bitsy tubes, but I am trying some others to see what is best.

I haven't yet but I plan to for sure. I really like the Strike King Coffee Tubes and Pro Model Tubes as well as the BPS Tender Tubes. Don't really care for the Bitsy Tube very much.

• Like 1

I like the strike King Coffee Tubes a lot! If I'm going to fish a tubr, I'm usually throwing one of those.

• Like 1

If the Tubez don't work out for you, give Cabin Creek Tubes a try. I use them with a VMC tube jig head. 

• Like 1