cgolf

TRD not as bouyant as ZinkerZ?

Been trying the TRD for the first time this year and so far, it looks like it doesn't kick the tail up at rest vs what I have seen in the ZinkerZ which always has the tail up. Does it take the TRD a bit of use for this to happen? Don't get me wrong they work, caught twin 18"-19" smallies on them, but so far they seem to present differently.

The TRDs are more buoyant than the ZinkerZs because they have less salt. When I get a pack of TRDs I put them in a bowl and see how many float, most the time it varies. For the ones not floating to the top, I take them and start stretching, roll them in my hands and  them  run them under hot water. I do this until all of them float.

• Like 2

I use both and don't notice a difference.  Either will generally sink more often than not until they've been used a bit.  After you put your TRD or half ZinkerZ on the 'Shroom head, hold it in the water and give the plastic a good stretch or two.  It will help remove the salt and improve the buoyancy.

Tight lines,

Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tander said:

The TRDs are more buoyant than the ZinkerZs because they have less salt. When I get a pack of TRDs I put them in a bowl and see how many float, most the time it varies. For the ones not floating to the top, I take them and start stretching, roll them in my hands and  them  run them under hot water. I do this until all of them float.

Bingo! enough said!

Well I keep messing with them, the two I have tossed this year have not stood up, maybe the buoyancy difference influences how the bait is presented in the water. They catch fish, so all is good, just noticed a slight difference with them.