trick worms

HHI bass fishing

I'm going to Hilton head island and will be staying at sea pines. What bass fishing spots do y'all know of? I know a few but want to learn other spots. Thanks!

Bring your bass gear but go after redfish and seatrout.  A lagoon system runs in some parts of the island.  Look for public access on google maps.  There's a good chance the property of your resort has some access for the shorebound angler.  There are also several light tackle guides there, years back I chatted with a guy named Capt Trent (later saw him on Byron Velvick's saltwater show).  Seemed like a cool guy.  I can't remember the name of the place I stayed, but others here go more often, I'm sure they'll chime in.  Last time I was there (I think about 7 years ago) the redfish bite was terrible, but hooked up with some decent trout on a 1/4 oz Storm Wildeye swim shad.

And one more thing...you must go to Guiseppe's for lunch or dinner.  Get the Weggie sandwich.  Trust me.  it's life-altering.

4 hours ago, basscrusher said:

Bring your bass gear but go after redfish and seatrout.  A lagoon system runs in some parts of the island.  Look for public access on google maps.  There's a good chance the property of your resort has some access for the shorebound angler.  There are also several light tackle guides there, years back I chatted with a guy named Capt Trent (later saw him on Byron Velvick's saltwater show).  Seemed like a cool guy.  I can't remember the name of the place I stayed, but others here go more often, I'm sure they'll chime in.  Last time I was there (I think about 7 years ago) the redfish bite was terrible, but hooked up with some decent trout on a 1/4 oz Storm Wildeye swim shad.

And one more thing...you must go to Guiseppe's for lunch or dinner.  Get the Weggie sandwich.  Trust me.  it's life-altering.

Thanks for the info, I love Guiseppies pizza!

I go to Hilton Head every year at least twice. There are only a couple of ponds with bass that you will find. Most have been destroyed by the past hurricane killing all the fish and turning it too a brackish water system, I have seen this with many of my old golf course spots. Sea Pines is the best too find them and a couple of them have some really hard fighting bass which will knock your bait out of the water. If you ignore the no fishing signs you wont find them, 95% of the ponds with bass have them and most of the houses they border are being rented out. Look for golf course ponds inshore because they will have the least chance of being ruined by the hurricane.