Sign in to follow this  
AEWblackeagle8

Where to sell high end kayaks

I have a wilderness systems Atak angling kayak with a ton of wilderness systems accessories. Now I've decided I want to buy a bass boat. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can try to sell my ATAK? 

You can try here in our Flea Market!

Else, eBay, local papers, etc.

Or perhaps trade in at a local kayak shop...?

Try googling kayak forums in your state see if anything pops up. Also Craigslist 

craigslist and there are quite a few Facebook groups that sell kayaks.  If you price it right, it will sell fast.

We have some very active FaceBook groups here in Arkansas. That seems to be the best way to sell a kayak around here. When I had one to sell I hauled it to the site of a local kayak tournament and it didn't last 30 minutes before I had a trade deal. 

Kayak buy/sell/trade group on FB I'm sure if someone is close an ATAK would probably sell fairly quickly at a good price.

Just sold my Jackson cuda on Craigslist. Include good pics in your ad and price it reasonably. Be honest and helpful.

Remember that you are targeting a small segment (people looking for a $1000+ kayak).  Look at the other listings as consideration on price.  Also the shape it is in.

I think timing is also key.  If you don't sell it this season list it in the spring when people are out shopping for something before the local opener.  

Be willing to sell the accessories separately. You might need to use that online auction site for those.

Be patient. You will sell it. A little luck is involved too. I was able to sell mine at 95% of what I bought it for even after 3 seasons of use. Jackson has been raising prices on new kayaks which preserves the pricing on used.  Not sure about wilderness.  

Good luck!  

OE 

• Like 1

I am in Augusta, GA and am currently shopping for a kayak...  You can text me details 706 910 7780

There is a kayak fishing dedicated website.  If given the okay,  I can post the site name.