Onvacation

Put down the Ned rig

I've been spending time with my wife trying to get her more excited about "fishing" by doing some "catching." My idea has been to teach her using a Ned rig because it is soooo easy to catch fish.  It is also a great way to teach her that bass don't always slam a bait so you have to watch for subtle line movements.  Problem is, I try to show her and just start having too much fun on my own catching fish.  I'm also starting to favor quantity over quality a bit too much.  Time to start mixing it up a bit. 

She is close.  Over the weekend she mentioned vacation home, boat, and Kentucky Lake and her new reel just arrived today.  

• Like 2

Ned and Wacky rig are about the only 2 baits my wife fishes and she does just fine with those. Sometimes I have to start fishing them too just to try to keep up with her. :D

• Like 3

Since my girlfriend started catching some serious numbers on the ned rig, I dont have to drag her with me anymore! I used to try to have her dropshot, but she liked working the bait too much, so the ned is perfect! She has confidence in it now so it looks like I got a new partner

On June 6, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Onvacation said:

........ I'm also starting to favor quantity over quality a bit too much.  Time to start mixing it up a bit. 

What's wrong with that? I don't eat bass, I don't fish tournaments. Weight means nothing to me. I live for that moment when I get a hit on the end of my line. The more it happens, the happier I am. 

• Like 9

Sometimes we push the limits a bit. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with quantity as long as you throw in a toad every once in a while.

The only problem with Ned is that all fish love it. Big bass will bite it, but its usually the smaller one that get to it first or even other speices. I've caught panfish, cats, trout, even a carp on Ned. Who doesn't like catching high numbers?

19 minutes ago, etrout72 said:

The only problem with Ned is that all fish love it. Big bass will bite it, but its usually the smaller one that get to it first or even other speices. I've caught panfish, cats, trout, even a carp on Ned. Who doesn't like catching high numbers?

I use the Ned when I really need to feel good about being a fisherman.  

• Like 2

My wife slays me when we both use spoons.

she's Hispanic and must have more rhythm to her spoon than I do!

• Like 2

On June 10, 2016 at 0:28 PM, Nice_Bass said:

My wife slays me when we both use spoons.

she's Hispanic and must have more rhythm to her spoon than I do!

It's all in the hips! :lol:

• Like 1

On 6/8/2016 at 10:27 PM, Onvacation said:

Sometimes we push the limits a bit. 

image.jpeg

Where did you find that swimbait?  It looks so realistic!

Didn't get a pic, but I caught about a 6" bluegill yesterday on  130 whopper plopper.  Good year so far for overachievers.