Wildbillb

Cleaning sunglasses

I bought the costas lens kit. Comes with the spray and wipe cloth. Does a good job of cleaning them. If I'm outside during the day I am wearing glasses. Small insurance for quality glasses. 

My t-shirt. Might lick the lens first if it's real dirty. :)

• Like 3

Microfiber cleaning cloth.

• Like 1

I like the little single use sunglasses cleaning cloths you can get at the eyeglass shop at Walmart. They have an alcohol based cleaner in them, so it cuts oils and dries really fast with no residue. You can pop a few in your pocket or tackle bag and they hardly take up any space at all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, THE_Vue's said:

rinse them at the sink with dish soap and fingers, cuts all the oils off

Ditto...

When on the water I grab an ice cube in my hand and drip the water on the lense and wipe with a small piece of cotton towel I keep in my bag for that purpose.

Mike

I have a few microfiber towels made for trying cars i use exclusively for my glasses nowdays. I use corner by tag for really dirty/greasy times and another corner for general cleaning and wiping. 

Tried the single use patches with alchohol before and found over time they ate the coatings off my rx glasses and seemed to be doing the same on my polarized oakleys. Would find tiny chips of the "fire" colored coating on my lens cloth after using them. 

I use the Costco eyeglass cleaner. Buy the kit. It has 2 spray bottles and cloths. Free refills on the cleaner.  Highly recommend it if you have access to a Costco. 

I fog up the lens with my breath and wipe it off with whatever clean paper or cloth is nearby.  Repeat until lenses are spotless!

On June 7, 2016 at 9:35 PM, flyingmonkie said:

My t-shirt. Might lick the lens first if it's real dirty. :)

To be honest, this works just fine. I have 6-yr old mirrored Costas that look nearly as good as new, and they've been cleaned like this (or with breath) countless times. Dry Kleenexes work well too.

If I'm at home, I'll use the store-bought glasses wipes.