Sign in to follow this  
stk44

No drag click on spinning reel

I oiled my Revo Stx spinning reel the other day. I hit the shaft and also inside the spool with oil. I'm assuming the clicker is inside the spool. I've never taken a spinning reel apart other than removing the spool so forgive me if I'm using the incorrect terminology. 

Ever since I oiled the reel, there has been little to no clicking when you pull line off the reel or a fish is pulling drag. 

Any suggestions? 

ok. I've never had this happen before, and the reel is only 5 months old. It might be a coincidence, but it stopped clicking once I oiled it... 

Where exactly is the clicker located? 

There's a little spring loaded clicker on the inside of the spool and a toothed washer on the shaft. Make sure both are in place and seated. The clicker can get bent out of shape putting the spool on and off. It should be pretty obvious if it's damaged. 

22 hours ago, Delaware Valley Tackle said:

There's a little spring loaded clicker on the inside of the spool and a toothed washer on the shaft. Make sure both are in place and seated. The clicker can get bent out of shape putting the spool on and off. It should be pretty obvious if it's damaged. 

I took it apart. I'm glad I did. It's about as basic as it gets and I still don't know exactly what I did. I just took it all apart, took the grease off, put oil on the drag washers, and put it back together. It now works fine. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!