Jump to content
gkenny

vintage Kennedy Aluminum Tackle Box

Recommended Posts

Hi, I Am new to this forum and this is my first post. Please excuse any mistakes that I make this first time. I will do better as I learn.

I am a VERY senior citizen and I love fishing, especially fresh water. I was at a garage sale this past weekend and saw this beautiful tackle box with a few lures, nothing special, a few spinners and a popper or two, and a few fishing tools like a nice knife, some wrenches for reels, a lot of hooks and snelling. See photos attached. Since the price was only $3 for all, I bought it.

It is a Kennedy number 613-AL. It is all aluminum and it almost mint condition. It has three shelves with 29 compartments. It is approximately 13x8x8 inches.

I have never heard of this name, but the beauty and high quality tells me that many of you will have heard of it and maybe can tell me something about it. I would love to know when it was made, how good is it, and what may it be worth.

Thank you very much for viewing this, regards, gkenny.dox8g8.jpg

2vxgglw.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to BR!

Sweet looking tackle box. That thing looks well constructed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oklahoma Mike said:

Welcome to BR!

Sweet looking tackle box. That thing looks well constructed.

Thank you for your quick and kind response, Oklahoma Mike.

Do you know anything about it?

Regards, gkenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really. I know that I once had a toolbox made by Kennedy, but I did not know they made tackle boxes. After seeing your post I did a little looking around, and apparently there is a little bit of a collector's market for these on eBay.

Here's a post I found on another forum discussing it: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77604 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kennedy Mfg Co is still in business and well known in the tool box business.

From a quick look your tackle box appears to be a 60's vintage. I suggest you contact Kennedy and ask them more about your tackle box.

Welcome to BR site.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WRB said:

Kennedy Mfg Co is still in business and well known in the tool box business.

From a quick look your tackle box appears to be a 60's vintage. I suggest you contact Kennedy and ask them more about your tackle box.

Welcome to BR site.

Tom

Thank you for your quick and informed response, Tom. I am going to call Kennedy right now.

Regards, gkenny.

13 minutes ago, Oklahoma Mike said:

Not really. I know that I once had a toolbox made by Kennedy, but I did not know they made tackle boxes. After seeing your post I did a little looking around, and apparently there is a little bit of a collector's market for these on eBay.

Here's a post I found on another forum discussing it: http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77604

Very interesting, Mike, thanks again, regards, gkenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that thing is in great shape! I'm sure there's a collector out there somewhere that would love to have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Wow that thing is in great shape! I'm sure there's a collector out there somewhere that would love to have it.

Thank you, I appreciate your nice response.

It would appear that this box is at least 50 years old, Someone must have liked it as well as I do to keep it in such good condition.

Regards, gkenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess would be that it was owned by someone who didn't fish very much.  That is generally the case with vintage gear, i.e. the reason it survived to "vintage" status was that it didn't get used very often.  It probably spend most of its lifetime stashed on a shelf or in the back of a closet some where.    Be that as it may, it is a cool box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fishes in trees said:

My guess would be that it was owned by someone who didn't fish very much.  That is generally the case with vintage gear, i.e. the reason it survived to "vintage" status was that it didn't get used very often.  It probably spend most of its lifetime stashed on a shelf or in the back of a closet some where.    Be that as it may, it is a cool box.

Thank you for your input.

Regards, gkenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything that's worth making is worth making out of metal.  LOVE that box!  Sweet find!  Almost reminds me of the Neumade drawer sets or something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Master Bait'r said:

Anything that's worth making is worth making out of metal.  LOVE that box!  Sweet find!  Almost reminds me of the Neumade drawer sets or something.

Thank you, I am liking it more every day, especially for $3.

Regards, gkenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×