Swift One

Why no youtube videos allowed

Not trying to start any s**t, just more or less asking a question and get a good answer.  Why are forum members not allowed to post youtube videos?  Plenty of other fishing sites allow it and there is not an issue with it.  Quite a bit of folks are running video cams in there boats and yaks these day and are getting some great footage.  My post got deleted and I got the "warning", but all it said was that I violated forum rules.  I would like a detailed explanation if that is possible.  Thank you.

I would suggest messaging one of the mods directly instead of a public question.

• Like 3

Always ask in private.  The last thing the mods want or need is more peoples' 2 cents being added in if you just want to get brought up to speed.  

• Like 2

What these two fine gents said ^^

I see members post videos of their fishing trips all the time.

Self promotion is forbidden. YouTube videos are fine. 

We get a lot of "Hey check out my channel!" one-and-done promotional posts here.  Those folks are here for one reason only - to get more subs.  We want people here to contribute to the discussions and become an engaged member of the site; it's not a promotional platform.

Your second post was a link to your channel's video, and while you may not have had the intention of promoting your channel, from the sidelines, it resembles such a post.

Stick around, get acquainted with the fine folks here. Get involved in the discussions, ask questions and answer them. Your videos will become a sidebar to the discussions you're a part of.

Thanks!

Glenn

• Like 6