Adam_66

What size pole should I get

So I have 2 poles as of right now. I have 7' medium heavy baitcaster with 20 pound mono. I have 6'6 spinning pole with 8 pound mono. I fish frogs, spooks, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, crankbaits, Texas rigged plastics and jigs. I fished almost every thing on the bc with mono except the light Texas rigs. Now I am buying a new pole. My local store only sells braid and mono. So I guess I'll put braid on it. What size pole should I get and what lures should I use with mono and which one with braid/leader. Thanks.

Get a 7' Medium Power/ Moderate Action to fish all your treble hook lures. Spool up with 10# monofilament line. For this application my preference is baitcasting gear.

:fishing-026:

Definitely a glass/composite casting rod for your crankbaits/chatterbaits!  I'd spool 15# or 20# braid.  All your reaction/topwater stuff you can use straight braid. Everything else I'd go braid with a leader (fluoro preferred)..

If you're not looking to change anything, I'd say go for a cranking rod. Otherwise if you're looking to branch out a bit in you presentations and try something different I'd look for a rod most well suited for that technique.