I just bought an Abu revo beast casting reel, I'm looking for a good rod to put it on. Does anyone have any suggestions? by the way i'm just getting back into fishing after 20 year pause, so im learning this stuff all over again.

A medium heavy power fast action 7' rod is probably the most useful rod for bass fishing since it encompasses the most kinds of bait presentations.  Not the best for EVERYTHING, but good for most baits and the best for many.  Brand and price are up to you and your pocketbook but generally speaking, the higher the cost, the more sensitive the rod will be.  Personally, I think a good rod in the $150-200 range  is the sweet spot.  Spend less and you will notice less sensitivity.  Spend more and you get into the range where rod companies are charging a premium price for less and less gain in fishing quality. JMHO.

Id opt for a 7ft or 6ft6 mh, which ever feels best in your hand. The Berkley SHOCK ROD would be a good one for you. 40.00 at walmart? Youd be able to holdem and put your reel on them to see how they feel together.

Love my Elite Tech Smallmouth rods.  :D  Here is another great rod from Fenwick.  Look at the 7' MHF for a good all-around rod.  If you are going to be fishing mostly bottom contact then look at a MH-XF.  I'm thinking I may have to get a 7'2" MH-XF before they get sold out.  Super deal.  Can't beat it with a 10 foot stick. 

http://www.fenwickfishing.com/fenwick-freshwater-rods-fenwick-aetos/fenwick-aetos-casting/1365054.html#start=2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

Love my Elite Tech Smallmouth rods.  :D  Here is another great rod from Fenwick.  Look at the 7' MHF for a good all-around rod.  If you are going to be fishing mostly bottom contact then look at a MH-XF.  I'm thinking I may have to get a 7'2" MH-XF before they get sold out.  Super deal.  Can't beat it with a 10 foot stick. 

http://www.fenwickfishing.com/fenwick-freshwater-rods-fenwick-aetos/fenwick-aetos-casting/1365054.html#start=2

Incredible deals I ordered early this morning a  Aetos A701MHMFC. And have a MODEL#A741MFC Aetos somewhere between Fenwick and my house I had just ordered Friday. Nearly $200 rods for $100 is indeed a super deal. 

• Like 1

Take a good look at Dobyns rods something like a Fury FR703C or FR 704C The price is about $110 and they are workhorses.  For a bit less you could go for an Abu Garcia Veritas2  7 foot Medium Heavy  in either the regular or micro guide series. They ordinarily sell for $100 but can be found for around $70 often.

16 minutes ago, new2BC4bass said:

Well, I can tell you there's one less as of 3 minutes ago...

:happy-102:

• Like 1

:fishing-026:

thanks guys, i will be going out looking for a rod this week end.