Sign in to follow this  
Brett's_daddy

Culprit Incredi Frog vs. Strike King Rage Toad

Okay, these baits look pretty similar...not sure which came out first and who tried to copy who but with the close similarities which bait actually works better?

While I haven't used the Culprit frog, I do use the Rage Toad and Zoom version.  I've caught fish on both and still use both.  

Rage toad ,Gets it done

I don't know which came out first but I've used the zoom horny toad for at least 10 years and maybe even 12. I've never tried the culprit, the horny toad, and rage are all I need. A friend of mine uses only one lure. The zoom horny toad in black with a 1/8 oz sinker fished slow on the bottom. I don't know if the fish think it's a frog or a huge fat crawfish, but I've seen him catch at least 10 bass over 7 lbs on days when I couldn't buy a bite throwing everything in my box. I would never have tried it if I hadn't seen him catch a hog 8lb 9oz bass on it the first time we ever fished together

I find the rage toad to be very heavy and tough and bass dont commit as hard.

I prefer the gambler cane toad.  Makes as much if not more noise on water...and is softer (and cheaper) and i find the bass will try to swallow the cane toad while they lip the rage toad.  Cane toad skips better too