Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Rat-L-Traps

Fishing & Football?

113216.jpg

Unless your a big college football fan and plan on hanging them next to your teams memorabilia, those cbs are completely silly imo. Fishing and Football are two different sports with nothing in common. Thats like joining trying to play base ball with the rod as the bat.

Unless your a big college football fan and plan on hanging them next to your teams memorabilia, those cbs are completely silly imo. Fishing and Football are two different sports with nothing in common. Thats like joining trying to play base ball with the rod as the bat.

I'll take the opposing view. It's been shown time and time again that every conceivable lure color works, and I think these college lures would work as well as any other color selection. Why not have some fun if an angler gets a kick out of using a lure with his favorite team's colors? I seriously doubt that he'd be reducing his chances of catching fish.

I'm with you on this one Marty. I think they are great looking Rat-L-Traps! Never rule out a lure as being silly until you try it. I've been casting a Trap with all the finish worn off one side and a dingy green on the other and I never fail to catch at least one fish per trip with it. Action, vibration and presentation is the key. Color counts, but doesn't mean much in the stained water that I usually fish.

Actually Bill Lewis makes an LSU Rat-L-Trap in Purple & Gold that is killer in salt water for bull reds. The hottest color in plastics for big speckle trout all along the Gulf coast is LSU, purple with a chartreuse tail.

All 12 colors are top sellers without the team logo on the side   8-)

I think this was a humorous post??

Try this, go back to bed.. roll over and wake up on the other side.

B

I heard the Notre Dame one beats the heck out of the little bass, but is no match for a big time fish. ;)

DMB......Great Trash Talk......THAT IS FUNNY!  

I'll take the opposing view. It's been shown time and time again that every conceivable lure color works, and I think these college lures would work as well as any other color selection. Why not have some fun if an angler gets a kick out of using a lure with his favorite team's colors? I seriously doubt that he'd be reducing his chances of catching fish.

Just one word of caution, as one of the other posters mentioned, Rat-L-Traps lose their paint quickly--particularly when your're catching bass with them (which is a lot of the time.) So if your're planning on keeping the lure as memorabilia--don't fish with it.