Jump to content
MikeWright

How big is she? Estimates?

Recommended Posts

The bass in the top pic is about 6 lbs. The bottom pic is about 4 lbs. If they are the same fish I'll split the difference and say 5 lbs. I'd like to make a suggestion that for every thread like this we donate $1 to the "Buy a guy a scale" charity. :wacko:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this rule been effect, every new guy would get a free scale with forum membership. 

What size are these sneakers?

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  Really, though, it's almost impossible to give an accurate guess via picture, especially with no frame of reference.  A measuring tape and scale go a long way.  Hell, my net even has a tape built into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are size 10.5 New Balance 404s haha

I just wanted an opinion..I thought only 1 lb.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MikeWright said:

Those are size 10.5 New Balance 404s haha

I just wanted an opinion..I thought only 1 lb.

Solid 10 definately. Might be extra wide though. Its hard to tell from the pic. Nice laces. Next time try Kiwi Shoe Whitener and braided line. Works for me every time. Use short stokes and a topwater frog. :unibrow:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible to weigh over the intewebz, but it's a nice fish.  Typical August girth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MikeWright said:

Is it just me or is he going blind? B)

Don't know. Can't see MikeWright's face. But glasses or lasik surgery will take care of that. BTW nice bass buddy and nice sneakers TS. I like New Balance myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeWright said:

Is it just me or is he going blind? B)

Probably just the camera flash off the lens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest bass I've caught yet...other then that the pond I fish has a bunch of 10-12 inch dinks, and at Belton Lake I can't seem to catch anything. Haven't really been able to put together a pattern...being a bank fisher gets frustrating sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 0:28 AM, Turkey sandwich said:

Had this rule been effect, every new guy would get a free scale with forum membership. 

What size are these sneakers?

 

image.jpeg

Those appear to be new balance shoes,probably decent shoes for bank fishing.Have not tried them, but I can vouch for Nike being good shoes to use when fishing from the shore. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soflabasser said:

Those appear to be new balance shoes,probably decent shoes for bank fishing.Have not tried them, but I can vouch for Nike being good shoes to use when fishing from the shore. 

I've had Nikes, but I prefer something lighter and with more sensitivity when I'm fishing a jig.  Typically, I wear water shoes when I'm jig fishing, and change into New Balances when I'm throwing top water.  They give me a better feel. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turkey sandwich said:

I've had Nikes, but I prefer something lighter and with more sensitivity when I'm fishing a jig.  Typically, I wear water shoes when I'm jig fishing, and change into New Balances when I'm throwing top water.  They give me a better feel. 

I agree with you, we need shoes that are light, sensitive, and comfortable. I might have to give New Balance a try since topwater fishing is my favorite technique to catch bass on. Currently I am fishing with Nike or Asics running shoes...have you tried fishing with Asics? These shoes are great when you are standing for several hours while fishing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2016 at 11:55 PM, Gundog said:

The bass in the top pic is about 6 lbs. The bottom pic is about 4 lbs. If they are the same fish I'll split the difference and say 5 lbs. I'd like to make a suggestion that for every thread like this we donate $1 to the "Buy a guy a scale" charity. :wacko:

I really wanted to do this with what I now call my "unofficial PB".  Left my scale in my tackle bag and didn't have a tape in the car when I caught this.  I can only say, "it was a nice fish".  Which is a little depressing.

20160908_131247.jpg

But I did go home and figure out that I measure 22" top of my head to bottom of my teets.  So that made me feel better about the situation.  Still unofficial...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Turkey sandwich said:

I've had Nikes, but I prefer something lighter and with more sensitivity when I'm fishing a jig.  Typically, I wear water shoes when I'm jig fishing, and change into New Balances when I'm throwing top water.  They give me a better feel. 

 

5 hours ago, soflabasser said:

I agree with you, we need shoes that are light, sensitive, and comfortable. I might have to give New Balance a try since topwater fishing is my favorite technique to catch bass on. Currently I am fishing with Nike or Asics running shoes...have you tried fishing with Asics? These shoes are great when you are standing for several hours while fishing.

Do you guys use braid or mono for the laces? I prefer braid, about 50# mossy green for my topwater shoes and mono, 17# for my jig shoes. :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite shoes for fishing are Sperry Top Sliders...all leather...comfortable...and can get wet without smelling moldy the day after...yall should try them out

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2016 at 8:43 AM, MikeWright said:

Those are size 10.5 New Balance 404s haha

I just wanted an opinion..I thought only 1 lb.

I's say that's pretty close...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad part about your fish is it looks like its been on a diet . Ive had the same problem this year , skinny  bass .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scaleface said:

...your fish is it looks like its been on a diet . Ive had the same problem this year ...

Why are you on a diet Scaleface, you look very svelte in your avatar...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OCdockskipper said:

Why are you on a diet Scaleface, you look very svelte in your avatar...

haha . , yep , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×