Sign in to follow this  
basscrusher

Shenandoah near Front Royal

Anyone have any info on Eastham park?  Wondering if if gets super crowded, has any good shoreline access/wading areas (already heard it has boat launch), or if it is dominated by yahoos.  Thanks in advance.

I've taken canoes and kayaks out from there, but never waded.  It certainly does get crowded on weekends since it is one of the primary float access points on South Fork.   I guess that doesn't help you much...sorry.  If I was going to a primary launch to wade, I'd probably go to State Park or Low Water Bridge.  I've seen people wading a good ways out from each of those.  I don't know how to get to it from shore, but there's a spot in the SP where tubes take out - quite a bit up from the launch; there's great wade-fishing from there....we stop there some times and have had good luck.

That helps some, so thanks.  I might need to take another look at low Water Bridge.  Although, according to one thing I read, what I thought was low water bridge might not be it, after all.

It's in Bentonville, right by Downriver Canoe.

38.840147,-78.330512

Thanks for posting those coordinates. My hunch was right.  The place I thought was low water bridge is actually something else.  It looks almost exactly the same (super low to the water, etc) but is a bit north of the "real" Low Water Bridge.  Hopefully in the next few weekends I'll go scout the area around Bentonville, including the state park.  Looking on google maps, I can't seem to find a good place to park and venture from, but hopefully my recon will reveal something.

So far I've resisted getting a kayak, mainly because it would make my Bass Raider less practical, but maybe it's time I reconsider...