DavidKoz

Western Washington bass fishing

I'm new to bass resource and I noticed a lot of Washington bass fisherman on so this is really helpful for me. Anyways I have tough time catchin bass from the bank, I sometimes catch couple small ones but nothing new I fish a lot of eastern lakes like Roosevelt, potholes,banks,Moses for walleye and smallmouth which was great don't have tough time catchin smallies also caught my PB smallie at lake chelan which was close to 5 pounds. Please help me know what techniques or tips work for summer spring or fall largemouth

What area do u live near? I'm a Washington angler myself around Sumner area and I have had some bank troubles myself.

Are you fishing exclusively from the bank?  If so, the Tri-Cities area offers a lot of bank fishing opportunities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidKoz said:

I live in federal way, I travel a lot to eastern Washington for big trout, smallmouth and walleye 

Where do you fish near Federal Way?

Tacoma area here... I fish American lake, Spanaway, and all the other lakes in the area. Meridan in Covington is nice. my biggest suggestion is get a float tube or a pontoon.  bass like cover...  docks and weeds... get to those areas and you'll have a easier time of it...

• Like 1

On 11/15/2016 at 9:42 AM, Glenn said:

Are you fishing exclusively from the bank?  If so, the Tri-Cities area offers a lot of bank fishing opportunities.

Mainly, I got bunch of buddies that fish there. Hear of the name JR Davey?

No, sorry I haven't.

• Like 1

Glenn, I fish from bank and boat, what part of Washington has good fishery from boat for bass,walleye 

On 11/15/2016 at 3:03 PM, AustinHellickson said:

Where do you fish near Federal Way?

I fish lake Killarney, a pond, don't fish much in federal way. 

• Like 1

needs2hunt;  I too fish American lake.  Mostly for trout but smallmouth are good if you fish near the shores. I have never caught any ones of any size but a lot of small ones, and  I have seen a few other fisherman get some 2+ lb fish. they are rare but they're in there. Lots of perch too.  Perch will bite at almost anything.  Just dangle a worm in 5 -10 feet of water and they hit.  Of course the Fish and Wildlife people stock the lake with about 60,000 trout every year so they are the dominant fish. But there are also Kokani (that's landlocked salmon) but they are very hard to catch and pretty much require a really deepwater trolling rig.

• Like 1