Dypsis

Yo-Zuri Hybrid for Lipless Cranks?

I have a GLX 855 CBR that I currently have 30lb braid on, I throw lipless crankbaits (1/2oz+) on it, medium diving cranks, and chatterbaits (not as often as I bought another rod to use for them recently, but it will still get the call at times I'm sure).  I like the braid on it, just thinking about changing it up - no real reason why, just have always wanted to try one of the copoly lines.  

Anyone throwing lipless cranks with Yo-Zuri Hybrid?  Would it do well with ripping it free out of the grass, to much stretch?  I was wondering how you liked or disliked it for this application?  Thoughts on lb test, I was thinking 12 or 15 as it has a higher than rated braking strength.  

#12 will be fine (19.5 lb breaking strength), #15 is too stiff.

:fishing-026:

• Like 3

10 to 12 lbs test is enough, 15 lbs is like friggin´ wire.

• Like 1

I use the 12# for all cranks, traps, spinnerbaits and chatterbaits and very satisfied.

I'm sure you will be too. 

Mike 

• Like 2

Do use 12lb hybrid leaders for cranking and it's excellent - strong, super abrasion resistant, etc.  8-12lb is strong enough for just about anything and it's seriously under-rated for breaking strength (12lb test carries a breaking strength between 17-20lbs). Hybrid is my go-to anytime I'm fishing heavy cover, especially rocks.  It's been a long time since I've fished it as a main line, but I remember it being much less stretchy than most mono or FC lines, but also having a ton of memory.  I've heard line conditioner pretty much does the trick for reducing memory. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

#12 will be fine (19.5 lb breaking strength), #15 is too stiff.

:fishing-026:

This^