Sign in to follow this  
sage

Looking for ideas California

I'm flying to California and staying with my brother in San Ramon. I'll be there December 23rd till January 2nd. Looking to due some bass fishing while I'm there. Any lakes I should look at during this time of year. I was looking at diamond valley reservoir. I see I can rent an aluminum bass boat there. Any other spots that might be good and also rent boats. Also what baits should I key on. I'm from Pa so I'll be shipping my rods and gear out so wanted to weed out unnecessary gear. Thanks for any starting points. 

San Ramon is near Oakland in NorCal 500 miles from DVL! You will be close to the San Joaquin Delta, lake Berryessa and Clear Lake, all pheonimal bass fisheries.

Contact Andy Cooch Cuccia or Matt Allen and set up,a guide trip of a lifetime.

Tom

• Like 1

Dec to Jan is rough for bass fishing, I usually take those winter months off!  Delta with Cooch might be your best bet, but the trout fishing that time of year can be strong with a lot of places near San Ramon actively stocking trout - Los Vaqueros, San Pablo Reservoir, Del Valle.  You can also always hit up San Francisco Bay for sharks and rays!

Keep it simple: bring all your trout swimbaits. LOL 

• Like 1

Or go big with your saltwater setup:rolleyes:. There are plenty of sturgeon and Striper bass in sacramento river.

Man if you are coming out here I wouldn't trout fish...I'm sure you can trout fish in PA and it's basically the same.  Go out and try to fish the Delta or something.  Yeah the bass fishing may be tough but I do pretty well in the winter months on Stripers....

fish clear lake with big 8in hudds in December and January otherwise go to beryessa, Shasta or trinity and jig kastmasters deep if I had an option though I would go hit up clear lake and try and catch a new PB on a hudd!