Sign in to follow this  
doyle8218

2 piece mh casting rod

Anyone use a good 2 piece MH casting rod. I am considering getting one for travel purposes.

If so what brand and whats your opinion on it.

Thanks

i use a Daiwa Ardito MH three piece rod. Its my first baitcasting rod so i cant comment on how it performs but i have no complaint and caught some decent fish on it. It comes with a nice carrying case.

6'9" Abu Garcia Veritas MH/F 2-pc and a 6'6" St. Croix Premier MH/F 2-pc. Both rods have Lew's Tourney MB's. I have no complaints about either but I like the St. Croix a little better because of the solid cork grip vs split EVA grip on the Veritas.

6 hours ago, YoTone said:

i use a Daiwa Ardito MH three piece rod. Its my first baitcasting rod so i cant comment on how it performs but i have no complaint and caught some decent fish on it. It comes with a nice carrying case.

:thumbsup:

Bought one from Cabela's 10 years ago (their Tourney Trail) and it is still going strong.

• Like 1

I have and like the Compre 6-10 mh. Mine are the full-cork models before the split grips and stupid reel seats. I like them a lot, though I hardly use one of them.

I have a 2 piece Megabass Hyuga rod. Craftsmanship is really nice and I use it for alot of techniques like frogging, jigging, and even moving lures with treble hooks. 

Major Craft also has excellent 2 piece rods. 

All the above must be ordered from Japan but I received mine in the mail within 4 days and I live in the states. 

I have a 7'1" MHF *** black rod that I use as a travel rod. It would be my primary Florida trip baitcasting rod, so it gets a workout. I also use it locally on occasion.  If you shop, sometimes you can find them at bargain prices. Tough to find here though without literally reading between the *** ****

I use a fenwick method for travel.   I've caught some nice fish on it and I can carry it on the plane.  Also, nice to have options in one package (mh/m, mh/f, h/m, h/f)