Brewter Beans

I have a question about spinnerbait fishing

I fish a lot of chatterbaits and spinnerbaits and I was wondering why there is so much resistance I use mostly 3/8 chatterbaits and booyah 3/8-1/2 willow blade spinnerbaits my rod and reel combo is Abu Garcia veracity 7'3 medium heavy and Abu Garcia silver max in 6:4:1 why is there so much resistance .      Thank you for all answers you are really doing me a favor

The blades work because of water resistance. For the most part the bigger the blade the more resistance.

• Like 3

Yeah I know but it just wears me out. I think it's too rough than it should. Is it because my reel only has 6 bearings actually only 5 because of the roller bearing 5+1 

Find a rod/reel combo that you are comfortable with and fishing with spinnerbaits will be much easier . 

• Like 1

Yeah the blades add that resistance. That's why I like a mod fast action rod for chatterbaits and spinnerbaits when your running them through the water the top of the rod is bent and when a bass slams it you already to the power of the rod blank and you can do a reel down hook set I seem to always get good hook sets this way.

Most of the time I use small blades that I can barely feel , even on 3/8 and 1/2 ounce lures .

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with bearings, bigger blades give a bigger vibe, hence more resistance. Willowleafs are famous for kickin ya butt if you throw a large bladed bait all day. As for chatterbaits? I dont know, never even bought one. I use a shimano curado reel on a similar rod and I have no issues, but then yet I been throwing spinnerbaits for a very long time now

• Like 1

You burning it?  I've had fish fight less than a quickly retrieved SB.

There's going to be some pushback because of the blades, happens with chatterbaits, squarebills, and especially large deep diving crankbaits (some of the big ones feel like you're reeling in a fish).  I use a glass rod for my chatterbaits and while the vibration is there I think the soft tip absorbs some of the vibration that a stiffer rod would translate down to my hands/arms.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blckshirt98 said:

There's going to be some pushback because of the blades, happens with chatterbaits, squarebills, and especially large deep diving crankbaits (some of the big ones feel like you're reeling in a fish).  I use a glass rod for my chatterbaits and while the vibration is there I think the soft tip absorbs some of the vibration that a stiffer rod would translate down to my hands/arms.

Lol I bet the big deep divers give you popeye arms

I fished an 8XD from a boat on one occasion with the wrong equipment and I was done after like 5 casts lmao