Sign in to follow this  
redbirdsfan44

Looking for my first boat

So I am looking to buy my first boat and have just realized a bit of a problem. The home I bought has two single garage doors that are 8ft wide. I found an awesome deal on a 99 tr-19 and I'm pretty certain it won't fit. Specs on the boat say 7'7" beam but other people I've talked to say all bass boats are a 96" beam. If it does fit it will be a super tight squeeze. I'd hate to loose an awesome deal because I can't fit it in my garage but at the same time I'm not going to leave it outside. What's the smallest garage door you think it will fit in? Is there any other boats out there close in quality that would have a more narrow beam that would fit?

The width of the boat is not always the same as the width of the trailer. Some trailers may be wider than the boat. It would be a shame to go by the width of the boat only to find the trailer doesn't fit. Measure BOTH the garage door opening and the widest part of the boat/ trailer to be sure.

• Like 1

I agree with Scott F ~ ALWAYS measure the boat on the trailer yourself when comparing boat fit to Available storage.

I went through this myself - need to ensure Truck & Trailer would both fit.  Did my homework and it worked out well.

btw - Do Not forget to include the HEIGHT of the boat on the trailer as well.  The Motor is usually the highest point but if there is a shallow water anchor(s) - that's a factor as well.

Good Luck

A-Jay

Go measure your garage opening carefully. My research says 91 inch width however go measure the boat. Most 28 to 19 footers are going to be at least 91 wide. I hope it works out they are reaaly nice rigs.

Went home and did a little more measuring and the opening is 9ft wide. Length won't be an issue and height won't be either unless I want to put talons on it

Go check out the new rig and bring her home!:ok-wink:

Bring her home tomorrow. Feel like I'm stealing it for the deal I'm getting but I know the guy pretty well and he's being very generous knowing its my first boat 

Exciting:cheer: Congrats!!

8 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Congratulations

Thank you very much. 

Just now, redbirdsfan44 said:

Thank you very much. 

You're welcome. Now go back out to the garage and look at it again. That never gets old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pawpaw said:

You're welcome. Now go back out to the garage and look at it again. That never gets old.

I just have to keep making sure it's still there 

• Like 2

Yes, and sit in it to make sure the seats still work.

This week is going to seem like it's 1000 days long.  Good luck with it Saturday.

She is gorgeous 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:09 PM, redbirdsfan44 said:

Went home and did a little more measuring and the opening is 9ft wide. Length won't be an issue and height won't be either unless I want to put talons on it

If you include the Tilt Bracket as part of your install - height shouldn't be an issue.

A-Jay

Congrats on your new purchase! Gotta love the feeling of getting a new (or new to you boat)! 

• Like 1