CrustyMono

Shimano Chronach vs Quantum Smoke

I currently own a Quantum Smoke PT 7.3:1 with 30 lb test Suffix 832 for heavy cover. 

I am thinking of ideas for xmas.

i have 3 casting rods and two reels

i 7'1" med mod have a topwater/jerkbait/softbait/squarebill rod with the cabbalas arachnid and 10 lb test monofilament. i land 5 pound bass just fine

replacing my mh rod at the moment also looking for a reel

my heavy cover is currently the smoke and a 7'3" MH Fast, may look into making it a heavy by exchanging it

my question:

What reel can I get for 100$ that is at least 150$ usually? I found a smoke 6.6:1 for 100 (had an issue with mine sent it back got the one have now) not worried about that. I like the idea that i could swap spools with the smoke, as i fish crazy clear water where fluorocarbon would be needed but also stained water where i could use braid. so, what reel do you recommend?

Daiwa Tatula CT

• Like 2

I switched from mainly Shimano to mostly Pfluegar and Okuma this fall and have been very happy with the decision. I had no issues finding the Pfluegar Supreme XT for under $100 (normally $150), or the Okuma Helios or Helios TCS  for right around $100 (both normally $200).

• Like 1

One is a Shimano and the other is a Quantum. Pick the one that starts with an "S"

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I switched from mainly Shimano to mostly Pfluegar and Okuma this fall and have been very happy with the decision. I had no issues finding the Pfluegar Supreme XT for under $100 (normally $150), or the Okuma Helios or Helios TCS  for right around $100 (both normally $200).

Where can I find the Helios? For 100$

I can't speak for the Smoke, but I can say that my Tour MG that I picked up this fall has treated me nicely. However, it is more than $100. 

As for the Chronarch, it's a Shimano so you know it's quality and that it will last. I love the Chronarch E series and the ci4's aren't too bad either. However, I'm not sure where you're finding either of those reels for ~$100.

6 hours ago, CrustyMono said:

Where can I find the Helios? For 100$

I bought 1 from the flea market forum and 1 from Ebay.

Another vote for a Tatula, coming from someone that has owned and FISHED just about every reel on the market as part of Hawg Tech.  Smokes are great for about a full fishing season,  great casters and I will leave it at that,  Tatulas bang for $$$j  but are impossible to beat. 

what about the chronarch for 130$?

Have you looked to see if you can find and EXO for that $100 price?