Sign in to follow this  
Ski213

Turn of the century power lizard

Saw a post on here that got me thinking about some of the older baits that are no longer available that were staples for me 15 yrs ago. One of them was the Berkley Power Lizard. The one that was available in the late 90s. The head was standard lizard, the tail  was I think a curly, the body was triangular shaped with diamond shapes kind of embossed in it. 

Berkley came out with that realistix line after it and they and the zoom lizard were a close second but second in productivity nevertheless. 

Anybody on here aware of anything close that's in production? Or have some they would like to part with? Or even familiar with the one I'm talking about?

i always feel like manufacturers stop making the truly great products. I'm not a ford guy but Berkley discontinuing that lizard, tournament strength trilene and Ford discontinuing the 351 Cleveland just doesn't make sense to me.  

I recall the bait.  In the same time period Berkeley power bait had a black crawfish with chartreuse claws.  It had about 3" of worm body then about 2" of crawfish.  I love thaose baits.  

6 minutes ago, Rick Howard said:

I recall the bait.  In the same time period Berkeley power bait had a black crawfish with chartreuse claws.  It had about 3" of worm body then about 2" of crawfish.  I love thaose baits.  

Yep. I think I know the one you're talking about. My buddy loved them.  I have 2 left.  Had four but lost two trying make a fiberglass  resin mold of them. 

Dude...yes...powerbaits.   Back in the late 80s early 90s berkley sent you a vhs tape along with some samples directly from spirit lake.  You can't deny the power bait and nearly every bass fisherman has had his butt kicked at one time or another on a blue fleck power worm.  It just happens ..

im not familiar with the bait youre talking about, but i have good luck on the rage tail lizards, at the same time, i also catch as many fish on the zoom lizards...

I just opened my last 100 pack.   Love the smell. :P