riverbasser

H20 xpress bone daddy rod opinions?

Was walking the isles at academy yesterday and came across the H20 xpress bone daddy rods. I think its marketed as a saltwater rod but picked one up and it felt pretty good in my hands. Anyone have this rod? I don't own a single rod over $60 but been wanting a more sensitive jig rod and thought about getting the wife to pick this up for Xmas. Thanks

Couple guys I know use em for Speckled Trout, bouncing leadheads & Cocahoe Minnows off the bottom.

I used an AllStar Shrimp Tail Special to throw 1/4 oz jigs on Toledo, it did great as long as I stayed out of the grass.

2 hours ago, Catt said:

Couple guys I know use em for Speckled Trout, bouncing leadheads & Cocahoe Minnows off the bottom.

I used an AllStar Shrimp Tail Special to throw 1/4 oz jigs on Toledo, it did great as long as I stayed out of the grass.

When you say they use them, do you know how they like em? Is the allstar very similar? If it is, what hurts it in the grass?

• Like 1

You might check if any of their regular H2O lineup is on sale. It's the end of the year and they'll often have some on sale, although they may not be marked on sale (it's usually just a couple specific models). I picked up one of their 7' MH/F micro series (normally $80) for $35 not to long ago. They're great rods and the micro series up are plenty sensitive to fish a jig. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, riverbasser said:

When you say they use them, do you know how they like em? Is the allstar very similar? If it is, what hurts it in the grass?

Jig fishing around here for Specks is done in shallow water (10'<) with no cover (grass).

The Bone Daddy comes in medium/light or medium/medium which are fine for fish in little to no grass.

Bass in grass requires a rod with enough backbone to turn her head & get her coming up on hookset!

Like Blue mentioned I would look at other H2O rods.

The Bone Daddy is an eye catcher ;)

• Like 1

I see what you mean. The one I picked up was a 7ft MH fast. When I look online they don't list it but my wife took picture of it so she would pick the right one.

I see what you mean. The one I picked up was a 7ft MH fast. When I look online they don't list it but my wife took picture of it so she would pick the right one.

• Like 1